Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Temple Races day 2- Kyoto, Japan








I am going to attempt to post some pictures and a hilarious video... here goes nothing...
k so no hilarious video for now... maybe later
attempting pictures now...
so the pictures appear to work... yay for that!
This was from yesterday, haven't uploaded the new ones yet but I'll get around to that. So today we went to Inari Shrine, Daigoji and Katsura Palace. We had to skip out on Byodo-in because we were the first group to go to Katsura Palace which was amazing. I tried to take a video the whole time we were there because it seemed like the only way to fully explain the site. Walking through the gardens you are enveloped by nature and are guided to different houses by small stepping stones. Each turn towards the lake is calculated to give you a view and although you always turn back to the lake, it is a different experience each time. Then there are also parts where your view is intentionally blocked to prevent you from seeing the entire garden at once. Too hard to explain in words... and I'm tired and its really loud in our internet room so I can't hear myself think. Anyways we took the bus for the first time and found our way back to our hotel. I sent out a batch of postcards so the first round should be coming to a town near you soon! Hopefully to the correct town... Lets see... what else... oh ya! We saw the ending of a Monk induction ceremony at Daigoji... that was interesting. We all had to turn around and face them as they walked by because it is disrespectful to show your backs to them. Lets add more pics...

1 comment:

mdcizek said...

More PICs ! I knew you would love the gardens. I heard your phone call at 4 am but my phone was downstairs. E-mail us when you can do video hopefully when we are awake. Have fun ! M&D